The Technology Department of Paramount Animation provides critical support in creating imaginative, animated feature films. Our technology and the support of that technology are the key components of film making that allow our artists to fulfill their artistic goals and enables film makers to create unforgettable film experiences.
The IT Manager is responsible for day-to-day technology support for the animation production crew and personnel within a fast-paced heterogeneous macOS/Linux/Windows environment. The candidate will be responsible for managing an IT team, and actively engaging in setup/installation, troubleshooting, and performing root cause analysis on hardware, software, and networking issues. Duties include communicating with senior management, and closely coordinating with other IT groups, inside the Viacom and Paramount organization.
- Motivate, coach, and develop team members for high performance.
- Work independently with the ability to manage and prioritize your time within a busy production driven environment.
- Provide a high level of personal and technical support across multiple animation productions.
- Build relationships with the production staff, including production management, animation executives and business stake holders.
- Work closely with finance personnel to facilitate and justify the procurement of both hardware and software.
- Develop sound and recommended business practices and solutions.
- Be able to documents both policies and procedures for technology team and production staff.
- Participate in periodic off-hours downtime performing upgrades, installations, etc.
- Provide hands-on support of production workstations and laptops, both Apple, Linux and Windows, mobile devices, remote connectivity tools, computer related accessories/peripherals and MFP devices.
- Be comfortable setting up and troubleshooting cross-site video conference calls in time sensitive high pressure situations.
- Related bachelor's degree or equivalent industry experience required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related IT position.
- Minimum of 5 years or more of experience in the support of client platform technologies, that include Windows and macOS, Outlook, Active Directory, Teams, and Remote Access Systems.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to gather client requirements and determine appropriate technical solutions.
- Ability to understand and maintain content security best practices or develop compensating controls.
- Experience supporting Animation, Visual Effects, or Game Industry.
- Experience supporting Maya, Photoshop, Flix, and Storyboard Pro.
- Candidates who have a strong background in customer service preferred.
- Hands-on experience with Linux (CentOS preferred), system administration, and operating system support.
- Knowledge of package managers, e.g npm, yum, conda, rez, etc.
- Knowledge of infrastructure automation tools, such as Chef and Puppet.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience supporting Linux desirable.
- Experience with Platform Engineering desirable.
- Experience supporting color calibration, A/V systems, ServiceNow, JAMF, Crestron, and SCCM is a plus.